vokera linea 24 motorized valve leaking

Sounds pretty dear, try making a few enquiries about fixed price repairs.
Expansion vessels are often replaced when they are still serviceable, even water coming out of the schraeder valve can be condensation, quite a considerable amount

Sponsored Links
I would diagnose faults and clean the plate HE for #136 and replace the diverter valve gland for #30 and a new motor if required another #25.

That seems a lot less than your guy. But I always charge a diagnostic fee and dont make free visits like he may have done ( and then charge much more to fix! )

Tony

Sorry about the # for the pound sign but I am in France and thats what this computer shows.

That is how they should be fitted to get the maximum reliability.

Where does it say that? By the way opinions do not count!!! Only facts

replace the diverter valve gland for #30
Again I would like to see you do this on a Linea

I got the quote from corgi today. In his opinion problem with hw is the faulty heat exchanger (may need cleaning only)? (brassedoff was right! I also did the test recommended by him with isolation valve when turned off temp. show 92 deg. According to the high pressure plumber said need change expansion vessel, and last thing to do leak from the motorized valve that from divert. valve. I got the quote for 485 pounds (parts and labour) to change all that parts. What you think about this, it seems to be quite expensive. Is any point to do that job, I can get new boiler for that money plus fitting charge. I would like you know your opinion. Could you recommended any combi for 3 bed semi. Many thanks!

Appreciate the thanks, it was DP who diagnosed it on his very first post though, I simply advised how to test it, he is also right in saying you cannot just change the leaking gland, the front plate will have to be replaced, along with a service kit which has the inners of the diverter valve included.

As mentioned already, there's a good chance the vessel isn't burst and just needs pumped up, if you have a foot pump with a gauge, you can check this yourself by opening the prv to release all pressure, pump vessel to reqd level and when it gets there open prv again to release any water, keep doing that until no more water comes out and the pressure of vessel remains at 0.8 bar.
By using the prv it may not close properly if he system is dirty so be weary of this, other and best option in opening a drain point but unfortunately they are seldom in place.

The plate hex will have to be replaced or cleansed either way.

Yes it is expensive to repair but personally I think the linea range of boilers are very reliable unlike modern condensers but this is only if they are maintained/serviced regularly. Any boiler you can buy for same price as that is gonna be terrible. They usually work ok until you open them, then they seem to fall apart, remember you may also have following costs, flue, condensate pipe work installation, room thermostat, trv or removal of trv costs, flush and chemical costs. But to be honest most of these important new install tasks would probably be ignored anyway by someone who fits boilers off the shelf at bee & spew etc. I would keep the linea if it was me.

That is just my opinion.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP
Sponsored Links
No response from Tony regards diverter motor. Can only assume positioning of motor is just personal opinion rather than one put out by the manufacturers!!

No response from Tony regards diverter motor. Can only assume positioning of motor is just personal opinion rather than one put out by the manufacturers!!

He is in France remember....perhaps one too many vins have made him even more laden with merde than usual.

Our tony might be tucking into a platter snails, frog legs and a side of horse meat chased down with a jug or two of vino callpso, but he is still posting elsewhere, seeing this thread and ignoring it as he is always right and NEVER makes a mistake :D

The better positioning is as a result of my personal engineering judgement! But totally obvious really.

Manufacturers will never advise anything which will reduce their sales of spare parts! Many do not sell small spare parts and only in packs to increase the unit value of each sale!

Returning today on Ryanair if I can comply with their silly requirements all designed to trip you up and increase their revenue. #110 to reschedule a #70 booking!

Thats even required if you arrive late for the departure only to find its been delayed for two hours but even so they still will not let you fly!

I wonder if there is a gap in the market for a nice friendly airline which puts the passenger first?

Why not produce a reasoned technical argument then if you dont agree that they less liable to failure when contacts uppermost?

That price to repair a linea is steep imo

The expansion vessel probably just needs recharging, the gland seal can be changed on it own if you have a 13mm (i think) deep socket and the plaes on linea's arent horrificlly expensive.

Tony this post is about Linea boiler. What you are saying is not possible on a Linea boiler. Give me facts and I will swallow them hook, line and sinker. Give me conjecture, I will treat it with suspicion.

What you are saying is what you believe but you have yet to back up your statement with good solid fact. Stay with topic and tell me how you would install the divy motor wih contacts in manner you describe

Are you qualified enough with in depth knowledge of this component to back up your statement to show wih text and drawings, that water will NOT by capillary action flood the chamber regardless of contact orientation? Chapter and verse only please

Conjecture was what got women branded witches :LOL:

PP, voice of experience speaking here but cannot say for fact that i am right here. I have yet to be able to remove the gland which is a stock item for me, as these have always been solid and start to tear the plastic top when said deep socket applied. In every case I have had to replace the plastic manifold cover and fit new gland to it

Side note. All Linea boilers I look after, tony please note, the divy motor is fitted with contacts pointing towards the Equator since the manifold is stripped cleaned, lubed and refitted during preventative service which I recommend at 18- 24 month interval :D

Danny is right, I don't even try to remove gland now, just replace the lot.

DV motor won't sit upright for a number of reasons and there is no need for it anyway.

• Thanks
Reactions: DP

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back