Vokera Linea 24 Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Central heating has been turned off for the summer, boiler has been working fine with JUST the hot water, switched it over to heating as well as hot water today and now its not firing up everytime, temp idicator light not on and no central heating or hot water.

Any feedback appreciated

When switched on and off at the mains can hear the boiler trying to do something sounds like something is blocked stopping it from starting up. On the odd occasion it fires up once the hot tap is turned off have to go through the whole process again switching it on and off at the mains to get it to fire up. Water is only lukewarm. Please help me!

Anyideas how you get the front cover off, i can see the metal top surround lifts off but seems to be connected to the plastic bottom end where controls are.

Sponsored Links
Its common for the selecter switch to snap off as you turn it , so could well have snapped in the mid position which is off , I have changed a lot of the switches on the lineas .

ditto, most have now been changed but there are still some of the early ones which haven't. I bought a new pcb before I found out that trick. So hung on to that pcb for a few years, last month I had opportunity to use it, by which time it didn't work. Seems pcb's don't like the rough house way gas fitter trainees tidy vans. Well you have to give 'em somat to do.

MOD

if you want to bump it back to the top just type bump no need to do the full post again :idea:

Sponsored Links
Hi, you don't have to take the full cover off. Drop the flap down and there are two brass screws (as you are looking ahead they would be tucked out of view - look upwards and you should see them). These are captive screws so they won't fall out. Unscrew them and the bottom section of the boiler will hinge down. Make sure the power is off to the boiler. Undo the phillips screws which hold the plastic cover, covering the PCB, then the tricky bit there are two screws holding the PCB in place, remove these and push the PCB to one side, you should then see a broken spindle. If you push the broken piece out you will be able to turn it with a screwdriver, but make sure you turn it the right way. This will work till you can buy a new selector switch. Good Luck

pwdavis your advice was spot on, you are an absolute genius. Fully working now, hot water and heating :LOL: . Thanks again, its much appreciated.

Since breaking it requires a heavy handed approach, I always suggest owners never break them but tenants always do!

The latest replacement have a modified design which is meant to be more robust!

Tony Glazier

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back