Vokera Linea 24 problems!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have recently experienced following problems;
water leak, requiring re-presurising night and day, slow increase in noise of system having had all floorboards up to no avail, I released all pressure in boiler via the safety release valve re-pressurised and bled all air out of system.
Now the system makes an ungodly racket through the pipes (water hammering?) which seems to originate from the diverter valve.
I have removed diverter valve motor and manually operated valve from DHW position to CH position and it is quiet in all but the two positions ie; fully open , fully closed.
With a gung ho attitude which would make an American General proud, I stripped the whole boiler down and have found the main heat exchanger to be leaking! aha water leak solved!
What about the racket though? I have ordered a new heat exchanger which I intend to fit myself, is the problem lack of pressure in the expansion tank? I have read other threads on the forum regarding the expansion tank and intend to follow the sequence suggested ie; drain down, replace exchanger, re-pressurise exp tank , re-pressurise/fill system, will this cure the noise or has the boiler another fault (Boiler is 3 years old) Thanks for any advice.
I will post my end result in case it is of help to others.

Nick

Sponsored Links
All I can say is you must have plenty of cash to be replacing parts without sound reason.

Thanks for your useful and constructive comments
The only part I have purchased is the new heat exchanger which has not arrived yet, reason for me purchasing said item is because with my limited knowledge of plumbing due to being an automotive engineer, I perhaps foolishly reasoned that water -issing out of the heat exchanger and clouds of steam coming out of the flue, coupled with a dramatic water/pressure loss in system indicated failure of said item, I could be wrong?
I have now cured the kettling problem and am confidant that the new heat exchanger will see an end to present problems.
Thanks again for your encouraging comments, it's nice to see that people are willing to share their considerable knowledge with a first time contributor.
I will most certainly be returning for more of the same!!!!!

Sponsored Links
DP said:
All I can say is you must have plenty of cash to be replacing parts without sound reason.
Exchanger now fitted.
Drained down system from drain tap on lowest rad,released pressure from expansion vessel (no water present) fitted heat exchanger, filled expansion tank with air to 12psi (as instructed in manual) removed bleed valve assay from highest rad, introduced 1 gal fernox to system through this point then re-filled system through same point (long winded way to do it but I wanted to make sure I got the air out) bumped the pressure back up to 1.5bar via the filling loop as instructed in manual, bled miniscule amount of air from highest rad bleed off valve, re-checked pressure, fired up system, checked bleed off valve again, everything working!
I ran the system through the night, as quiet as a Church mouse! Checked the pressure this morning, 1.5bar.....yahoo
Grand total for new heat exchanger and 1 gal fernox £130

Sound reason?...........................You decide

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back