vokera linea 24

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
the above chb keeps locking out on code 03 fan/flue fault.gas man has checked pressure switch,fan & cleaned venturi.s but still locked out.i must stress that after cleaning venturi,s it resets itself now so don,t actually have to reset knob like before.he says could now be the pcb but wondered if anyone had experience of this fault.

many thanks lj

Sponsored Links
Problem would be easier to diagnose with a bit more info, however you are unlikely to get much help here as the problem is quite likely to be in RGI zone.
Call an engineer (Vokera may tell you a local approved chap). Try to get a no-fix-no-fee deal.

did he actually remove the venturi? often they just get something poked through the front, that doesnt clean the negative venturi properly.

as stated thet need removed by an rgi

have had a constant 03 as the board before

Sponsored Links
i would phone him and ask him if he removed fan/ flue hood to remove venturis, if he didnt get him back for to fix it for free

he removed flue hood & cleaned/washed/dried out the venturi,s but still randomly locks out & resets itself.he rang vokera but they didn.t offer much help apart from suggesting pcb but he didn,t want to fit it without being sure.

have noticed i can hear the fan whirring at different speeds b4 it goes to lock out,this was changed last year to the bearing,s going.any suggestions?? lj

its a single coil fan so if it is spinning at different speeds it could cause intermittent lockout. either bearings are tight again or its not getting the right voltage.

it would be an uncommon fault if it was either fan or pcb.

what length of flue run is there, ie, does it immediately bend and go outside or has an extension kit been used

boiler in on landing,veritcal flue thru loft out to terminal,length probaly 2 to 2.5 m,boiler is about 10 years old lj

vertical terminal could be rotten. FGA usually shows this up if its bad enough to cause lockout.

spoke again to gas man & asked him about fga reading.He says it was low & he did a visual check of the flue/terminal.Does this leave possibly the pcb as the likely problem if all fan/flue problems have been checked.

Many thanks lj

if u read my post i said a visual check,no signs of corrosion,reading ok on his machine in the top of the flue,any suggestion? many thanks lj

if u read my post i said a visual check,no signs of corrosion,reading ok on his machine in the top of the flue,any suggestion? many thanks lj

a no would have sufficed. :rolleyes:

find someone else to help you.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back