Vokera Linea 28 not igniting after gas has been off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
we have a newish Vokera Linea 28 which won't ignite it seems. We get the error code 01. Before we took over the place it was unoccupied for several months and Scottish Gas disconnected the supply - must have been off for about 6 months or so.
The gas is all reconnected, with a new meter and is switched back on at the meter. We've tried turning boiler on and off multiple times (off for 10 seconds) without sucess.
From what we know it was working fine before gas was disconnected and it wasn't used very much since its installation.

Anyone any ideas or is there anything we can check? Just not sure if I should be calling heating engineer or querying Scottish Gas about whether supply is really back on ok?

many thanks for any assistance.

Sponsored Links
Thats great thanks - do you just mean the gas pipe will be full of air from when it was reconnected?

Sponsored Links
01 gas supply fault. didnt the guy who fitted the meter do a relight when he changed the meter??

Meter is outside the property and not visible from main rooms - I was in all day and I didn't even know it had been done until I called Scottish Gas to say no-one had arrived and they said it was done.

There is a lever next to meter - we've turned that on - presume thats all that should be required?

No issue in getting engineer out but would like to rule out the basics.

thanks.

have u got any other gas appliances i.e cooker, fire. if you do have gas a likely option that the gas valve is stuck as its not been used for a while. i dont know if ill get told off for this but take the case off two screws under the flip down and 2 at the back not always there whilst u put the hot water on and the fan starts and it trys to ignite. give the gas valve a tap on the side with a screw driver see if that helps. if u feel confident tho your not interfering with the combustion chamber.

have you got any other gas appliances that you can determine that the gas is live and not disced?

When you try to reset it by turning the mode selector in to the middle does the display go blank or stay lit with the 01 code still showing.

If it stays lit the control knob has snapped inside and nothing is actually happening when you are trying to reset it.

Someone else mentioned stuck gas valve to me. I'll see if I can give that a chap.
We don't have any other gas appliances so can't tell if gas is flowing. Have treble checked with Scottish Gas that its live plus it is a brand new meter fitted in meter cupboard.

I read somewhere the Vokera cycles the gas valve even if not in use - it was switched off completely though so won't have done that for months.

When I put mode selector in middle it does go blank. When putting it to heating/hot water it goes green and displays a temperature for a few seconds (you can hear boiler clicking, trying to ignite) then reverts back to 01 and red.

Not the old snapped mode selector fault then :LOL:

You need someone to check that the gas is live.

If the engineer has changed the meter and not commisioned the appliances then he should have left the supply isolated and a warning card stating that the appliances have not been recommisioned and should not be used until checked by an engineer.

If they were replacing the meter as a matter of course then i would have thought this would be their responsibility to do. If you have requested the change then i would think it would be yours. Either way its still bad form to change the meter and not contact the tenant and/or leave any paperwork to say works have been carried out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back