Vokera Linea 726 Heat Exchanger

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is a reasonable price to pay for the supply and fit of a new heat exchange on a Vokera Linea 726 boiler? The boiler is about 17 years old...would it be best to gt a new boiler?

Sponsored Links
I personally at 17 years would replace, a Unica Max 30 or 35 (or 40) drops straight into the pipework with 10 years warranty.

FPR is around £300 incl VAT and covers up to £450 in parts (labour incl of course). Year on new part month on whole boiler or c £380 for year on boiler.

Linea 726 main hex or plate hex depends on size of boiler

35kW plate hex £101 main hex £258

Smaller outputs would be a litte cheaper

July 2021 price list so there would be changes.

Go vokera.co.uk, installer, spare parts

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Hi Folks

Many thanks for your responses and apologies for my delay in getting back to you - busy playing santa over the festive period!

I think it's the main heat exchanger that needs replacing - my boiler has been losing pressure for a long time - at least a year(about 0.2 bars each day). The pressure was having to be topped up every few days. Had several companies out to look at it. No-one could find the issue. Told me it must be a leak on the system. Then after finding a video on youtube I convinced someone to have a look at the heat exchanger and this is what they found (see attached photos) and concluded the heat exchanger had been leaking.

I've been quoted £495 plus VAT to suppy and fit a new "heat exchanger" is what it says on the quote.

Attachments

• Heat_exchanger_.jpg
    Heat_exchanger_.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 51
  • Heat_exchanger__#1.jpg
    Heat_exchanger__#1.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 68
Sponsored Links
£300 sounds great but alas I am in Glasgow and I think you are in Bedfordshire yeah?

Vokera engineers in Glasgow aplenty. I think a couple have flu but no problems really. If the boilers working and we have an in-warranty boiler not working there may be a wait but usually not.

• Thanks
Ah, I understand. I would be happy to pay £300 but I'm thinking with the boiler being 20 years old it is maybe not worth paying to have it fixed?

It would appear to me that not only is the main heat exchanger needing to be replaced but there are several other parts that are corroded and could present a problem ...

So I think I will just phone around for quotes for a new boiler...

Brilliant. If the Unica Max is a straight swap and is good enough for you, I am very happy to go with that. Thank you very much for all your time and advice. It is very much appreciated.

Monica

Brilliant. If the Unica Max is a straight swap and is good enough for you, I am very happy to go with that. Thank you very much for all your time and advice. It is very much appreciated.

Monica

Thank you. There are several outputs, your installer will advise on the one best suited to you. Margaret, 01727 744002, can supply approved installers in your area if necessary.

• Thanks
Sponsored Links
Back