Vokera Linea and Unica

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
What is the difference between the Vokera Linea and Unica combi boilers.

As far as I can see the boilers prices and performance
are very similar what is the point?

Anyone know what the difference is between the two ranges of boilers?

Sponsored Links
not seen a unica in ages so i can't remember any differences.

one pcb is probably gold plated and the other encrusted in rare gems. judging by the prices anyway.

Had a quick look at the factory recently. If you're thinking of buying new then the new Linea (Linea A I think) has built in weather compensation and an external sensor supplied as standard. Self optimising start stop (or pre-heat) for water definately and I think also for heating but not sure. Can't remember then rest.

If you're a fan of weather comp it seems a good way to go, if optimised start stop on heating I'd certainly go for it, not sure about the importance of optimised start stop on water as I have no experience of it. Go this route for comfort/convenience not necessarily energy/cost saving which is almost impossible to quantify. Personally I believe it's cheaper to run but if you asked me to provide evidence it would all be first hand and annecdotal.

If you're comparing the old Linea to Unica it's the facilities on the control panels, the hardware is all the same as I recall.

Website has no info on the new Linea, ring Vokera

Always comes down to money, convenience and do you trust a micro processor to tune the boiler to your usage pattern or do you like to fiddle with it yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back