Vokera linea max will not reset.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Two days ago my Vokera linea max packed up displaying "fault code 01" on the display panel. I tried the reset but no joy :( Opening the cover i noticed the system pressure was low so having topped it up tried the reset again with the same result :( . Both times the fault code remained on and flashing, even when the mode selector switch was set to "OFF RESET". Switching off at the wall power supply and back on (after 10 seconds) the display continued to show "01".
With closer investigation i could hear hissing and after removing the burner cover found the main heat exchanger was leaking and spraying a fine mist of water onto the burner and spark electrode. This leak must have been slowly getting worse as there was staining on the insulation material and the area was sticky with dried system preserver.
The system was drained the main heat exchanger and domestic heat exchanger (which was also showing signs of leakage) were replaced. There was very little water residue in the system and the ignition unit was covered during the process.
After a quick blast around the area with a hair drier the system was repressurised and bled. Unfortunately on switching power back on the "01" fault code came on instantly and again could not be reset :cry: .
The electronic ignition unit was replaced (i had one from a previous incorrectly diagnosed "01" fault code, which ended up to be the pump)! Again no joy :mad: .
Any ideas from you guys out there would be great.

Sponsored Links
Have you checked that the knob has not snapped inside and is not turning the switch located on the display board.

Very very very very common. ;)

You were right Scatmanjohn :) ! Got there a very cold 11pm last night after much head scratching and messing with multimeter and wiring diagram.
I'm a aircraft engineer and it still suprises me how we can look too deep and dismiss the obvious!
Thanks, warm and clean again.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back