Vokera Linea code 1

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a Vokera Linea 730 which has an intermittent fault displaying code 01.

When it has the fault, it displays green light after resetting, but there is no ignition and it soon changes to flashing red. At these times, further resets do not usually get it going.

But a day or so later it will usually switch on just fine, run for a few hours or days, and then the fault is back.

It drives me mad, as it is impossible to guarantee that the boiler will display any fault when someone comes to look at it!

I managed to get a local plumber out when it was in the fault state, and he could not solve it in one go. He did not replace anything though, saying that the parts are expensive, and we need to get a better idea first! A good guy. So he says that there is no spark, and also no gas. The fan runs fine, and the pressure switch is probably OK. The ignition control board does not have any obviously blown bits on it, though I could not measure any voltage in the ignition leads.

I think it is unrelated that the hw heat exchanger is almost certainly scaled up.

I know there have been several similar posts, but they did not quite help me. I'd be happy to pay the £200 or so fixed price service offered by Vokera, but what if the boiler runs when they turn up?

I would be grateful for any ideas. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I know that code 01 is failure to ignite, but what might cause it? Previous suggestions included faulty gas valve or control board.

Failure to ignite could be due to no spark, or no gas... but in my case there seems to be neither when it does not light, or clearly both when it does. So how can I tell which one has a problem?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back