Vokera Linea Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, just wondered if anyone has come accross a similar problem as described below. Any help would be appreciated !

Looking at the old 7 series Linea, which true to form is having problems on the DHW side. I can only get out DHW at a temp of 42 Deg C maximum no matter what the flow rate.

The boiler has just had fitted new thermistors and a Plate heat exchanger.

I know its not the diverter as no heat passes to the heating circuit. I can get v.hot water by disconnecting the thermister and connecting a loose one.

There were a few problems originally when the DHW thermister was replaced as Code 6 kept flashing and wouldnt reset, so I'm presuming a pcb fault - does anyone concur ?

Cheers in advance !

Sponsored Links
They are indeed, it fires up all bullish and modulates down, keeping the temp at a good ol 42Deg !

Could be the ignition module on the gas valve :?:

BTW,pretty sure code 6 is water on the thermistor terminals.

Sponsored Links
Tony, you are correct code 06 is faulty DHW thermistor. When I replaced this it took a while to reset the boiler and clear the error code.

I did get a lot of screwy characters on the LED display which eventually cleared (with a few taps here and there !)

I've a feeling the problem lies with how the temperature of the water is controlled by the PCB (obviously via the thermistor). Big question is it the main PCB (thermistor has a direct connection to it) or the secondary board (where the temp control is supposed to be) ?

I had a 735 (I think) earlier on in the year that I had fitted the year previous anyway there was a fault code showing(poss 01) which turned out to be a blockage in the expansion vessel hose after the divertor.

I ended up flooding the PCB and thermistor electrics after which the 06 code appeared with the other stuff you mention. From memory I replaced the thermistors after speaking with Vokera who confirmed the 06 code was water on them.

Also I recall that one of the wires on the the plug going to the thermistor came adrift so maybe you should look at that.

I simply put the wire back into the connector and reconnected the plug to the thermistor and the boiler worked.

Tony.

Thanks for the suggestions Tony. Unfortunately I have already exhausted these possibilities during my own testing.

Think I may have to try those nice people on the Vokera desk !

Faulty non return valve in manifold fitted to RHS of plate as you look at boiler.Its either broken or jammed with system crud.

wow, really? how does that keep water to a constant 42 degs?? is this a common fault on the linea then ??
Will i have to replace or clean?

PS thanks for the reply, much appreciated !

Its a common fault on dirty systems.Its allowing primary water to return directly to the main heat exchanger and then it modulates down prematurely.
Clean or replace but make sure ALL the waterways are cleaned including the plate.With respect its bad form to hijack posts. :)

THANKS, one i'll never forget !! was thinking it was the board!
System water is quite dirty, going to fit a magna clean, and offer to flush system too.

sorry for hijacking post, but its a few years old, and was only one i could find with exactly same fault and no body would answer mine on same topic !!

Cheers again.

Bloomin eck, thats a bit of an old one to dig up !

tbh I cant remember posting the comments I made on here.

Pretty sure I replaced the display PCB to cure this fault.

Are you in Rothwell ? think I have a spare pcb if you want to test ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back