Vokera Maxin e24, low pressure not much hot water.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guy's, firstly forgive any stupidity, I'm a computers guy so DIY isn't my strong suit.

Last year I moved into a property with a vokera maxin e24 boiler, and I've not really had any issues with it until now.
My heatings fine but hot water ( particularly in the shower which may be an additional issue) is terrible at the moment, which I assume is to do with the cold weather. Looking at the boiler the pressure looks pretty low which I guess isn't helping. I had a google which led me to this site but I still can't find a way to increase the pressure. I've attached some pictures for reference if anyone can help?

Also I don't suppose anyone knows how old this model is? I'm going to look at boiler care but I know some won't cover old units?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
The filler loop has been removed, you will have to refit to pressurise.

Hi thanks for the reply. Is this an easy thing to do? Could you explain the process for me? There's a length of tubing along with various parts the previous owners kept, not sure if that's it? See picture.
Thanks

https://www.google.co.uk/#q=how+to+pressure+boiler&tbm=vid

try some of them, it should help,
what you need to do is remove those two brass caps, and put the braided hose in their place making a link between the two, then you'll need a flat screwdriver, and turn the little screw slots a quarter turn, that'll let the water in,

however, it sounds like that's not your problem, your heating is working fine you say, and if the pressure was too low it wouldn't.

its difficult to say what the problem is without seeing it [/url]

Sponsored Links
The boiler will be about 17 years old.

The parts are mostly like Biasi boilers and so generally easily available.

BG may not look at them like that though, but its what an independent has to do.

The boiler will be about 17 years old.

The parts are mostly like Biasi boilers and so generally easily available.

BG may not look at them like that though, but its what an independent has to do.

Hi guys. Thanks for your help so far, sorted the pressure but alas not fixed my problem with hit water.
I think I may have two separate issues here, in that I get hot water on the taps after a few seconds but it's not really hot.

The shower and bath unit share the same controls, the shower is Lukewarm and the bath is even colder. If I flush the toilet after a few seconds I can get some actual warmth in the shower, bath it has a lesser effect too.

Obviously a shower/bath has more drain than a tap which I suppose might be contributing to the issue, but I'm wandering if there's an issue with the boilers hot water output because as I've written this the CH has been on and the radiators are about 20x hotter than the hot water.

Any help or advise would ve really appreciated. For reference I've attached a photo of the shower/bath controller .

Thanks again

when you flush the toilet, what you're essentially doing is turning on another tap (cistern filling), what that does is the slow the water flow through the boiler, this in turn makes that water collect more heat as its taking longer to go through the heat exchanger.

to confirm this, turn on a hot tap but cut it right back without making the boiler cut off, I bet the water will be hotter.

you'll need someone to come out and have a look at it really.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back