Vokera - No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
PLEASE HELP! I have been doing up my bathroom and I can no longer get hot water from my Vokera Maxin 24e combi boiler.

Basically it all worked fine untill we moved the water pipes under the floor. I had a corgi registered plumber re-route the gas too.

Now the boiler seems to be working fine except the hot water. I have checked the pipes under the boiler and the hot water pipe does heat up however as soon as I turn on the hot tap the heated water is diverted to a safety pipe and goes straight outside down the drain (what a waste!).

Is it possible that the diverter valve broke while we were moving these pipes or is there anything else I can do the sort this out fast and cheap. My wife is due to have our baby next week so any help will be welcomed.

Sponsored Links
Disregarding the symptoms mensioned secondly which don';t make sense have youi connected the cold water supply to the output of the combi and the hot taps to the input?

Safety valve? If you mean prv this is now connected wrong and boiler could be dangerous, best get corgi person to check the work.

All in all a mess.

as soon as I turn on the hot tap the heated water is diverted to a safety pipe and goes straight outside down the drain
Your opening the filling loop connection. Have another look under the boiler, check the manual, and open the right valves.

Paul Barker said:
Disregarding the symptoms mensioned secondly which don't make sense have you connected the cold water supply to the output of the combi and the hot taps to the input?

Paul, if this were the case I believe the diverter valve would not operate to trigger the boiler operation, but I have no better suggestion yet.

liambarca said:
Now the boiler seems to be working fine except the hot water. I have checked the pipes under the boiler and the hot water pipe does heat up however as soon as I turn on the hot tap the heated water is diverted to a safety pipe and goes straight outside down the drain (what a waste!).

Does this mean all the rads work properly?
Does the water escaping stop when the hot tap is shut?
By "hot tap" do you mean any hot tap (bath, basin, sink) or a specific one, under the boiler?

Sponsored Links
liambarca said:
My wife is due to have our baby next week so any help will be welcomed.

I am quite good with boilers but not experienced with babies.

However, her indoors has delivered well over a hundred babies ( and about 30 calves as well ) so if you need any help she will be able to advise.

Tony

Agile said:
However, her indoors has delivered well over a hundred babies ( and about 30 calves as well ) so if you need any help she will be able to advise.

Tony

At £87 a time? :LOL: :LOL:

The pipes should be fitted correctly as one pipe was fitted at a time to make sure of this. However I have double checked this and all seems fine. The mains water goes into the pipe labled cold water and the hot water pipe is also connected to the taps.

The filling loop which I am assuming is the flexi hose is shut. I was told by the Corgi guy that it is used to increase pressure but should remain closed.

All of the radiators are working fine. When I turn the hot water taps on in the sink and bath the water is diverted outside through the safety pipe. When these taps are turned off the saftey pipe also stops wasting valuable hot water.

I really don't understand as all worked fine before.

Thanks for all your help

Have you checked the pipe going to the vent outside to see where it is connected to on your boiler?

Whilst I appreciate that you are sure its connected correctly, we think that there is a problem although its difficult to pinpoint it from your description.
What is the operating system presure on the gauge on your boiler both normally and also when you run the hot water?

What did the CORGI registered engineer say about it ?

Tony

The pipe going outside of the house leaves the boiler and goes to the drain outside. It leaves the boiler via some kind of valve that has a nob on it say 3 bar. I assume this is the saftey valve.

The pressure on the boiler doesn't change when the hot tap is turned on so it is constantly at 2 bar. Hot water temp is at 50c

The Corgi guy only connected the gas pipe and because it was working fine before he didn't check it.

Hope this help!

Thanks again

All I can say is that all that you are telling us is not logical!

Chris H here operates in the Bristol area. I would be very interrested to know exactly what the problem is. Why dont you get the CORGI man back or call Chris? But do tell us what they found please!

Tony

Don't have the money for a Corgi bloke at the moment or I would have got one straight away. Money a bit tight with new baby coming.

hoped it was a simple problem because it was working fine and the heating works perfect.

Basically I have the mains water going into the boiler. I have a flow and return pipe which are both heating up, this I assume is for the radiators.

This saftey pipe goes directy from the boiler to the outside drain and seems to chuck out hot water when I check the hot tap around the house.

So it seems that the water is heating just not being allowed to go around the house. This is why I first though it could be a diverter valve problem.

Can you ease my mind so I know I have the right valves on.

The cold water (main) is obviously on
The flow and heat return pipes are open
The flxi hose that joins the heat return and cold mains is shut

Apart from that the hot water and safety pipe have no switches.

Thanks again

Disregarding the symptoms mensioned secondly which don';t make sense have youi connected the cold water supply to the output of the combi and the hot taps to the input?

Safety valve? If you mean prv this is now connected wrong and boiler could be dangerous, best get corgi person to check the work.

All in all a mess.

Is it possible just to let me know if my pipes going into the boiler are ok.

Should the filling loop be turned off?

Apart from that they are all open, is this ok?

Many Thanks

Should the filling loop be turned off?

The filling loop should be shut to keep the pressure at the desired level i.e. 1-1.5 bar on your boiler. It appears your "3 bar valve is open" hence it allows water out. This valve turns (it has an arrow on it) or activates when pressure reaches 3 bar! Does your pressure remain at 1 to 1.5 bar? If not, close the 3 bar valve then open the both taps in the loop to get to 1.5 bar and close both when this level is reached. Doe it work now?

thanks for the advice.

The (3 bar valve) which I assume is the saftey pressure velve is closed. I take it this will only open is pressure exceeds 3bar.

My boiler has a constant 1.5 bar pressure. The filling loop is also closed.

The boiler used top fire up when the hot tap turned on but now nothing happens at all.

Is there anything I can so to help this.

Again thankyou

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back