Vokera Option Boiler Probs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere, I did a search but i'm still unsure.

A few months back, the boiler pressure would rise really quickly then the blow off valve would open and dump a load of water into the back garden. From reading on here, I diagnosed the problem to be a faulty valve on the expansion vessel.

I pumped the expansion vessel back to 1 bar with a foot pump, and it solved the rising pressure problem.

Recently, every couple of days the boiler it looses pressure. (Checked the pressure on the expansion vessel and its fine) This pressure loss is usually accompanied by a small pool of water on the worktop below the boiler. I had the cover off the boiler and it appears the water is coming from some sort of valve or pressure release outlet on pump. (Its a little black plastic cylinder that looks like a car tyre valve cap with a little slit in it on the top right hand side of the pump assembley). Its been going on like this for a month or so.

Also I have noticed that the hot water pressure has dropped over the last couple of days.

I read that the hot water pressure problem could be a fibre washer somewhere that needs looking at, so the hot water pressure thing could be unrelated?

I also read that the pipe from the pump to the expansion vessel could be clogged. Going to try have a look at it over the weekend, so any advice you chaps could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jim

Sponsored Links
Recently, every couple of days the boiler it looses pressure. (Checked the pressure on the expansion vessel and its fine) This pressure loss is usually accompanied by a small pool of water on the worktop below the boiler. I had the cover off the boiler and it appears the water is coming from some sort of valve or pressure release outlet on pump. (Its a little black plastic cylinder that looks like a car tyre valve cap with a little slit in it on the top right hand side of the pump assembley). Its been going on like this for a month or so.

thats the automatic air vent (AAV) easily diyable,read your MIs for a detailed description

Thanks for the reply.

I take it the fact that water is coming out of the AAV means it's Donald Ducked?

In order to replace it, will have have to drain the whole system down?

From reading the manual, it looks like I have flow and return valves on the boiler, so if I close them off will that stop all the water coming out from the central heating system?

Do you think that this faulty AAV is the likely to be the cause of the low hot water pressure?

Isolate the boiler from the ch system. then drain down from the prv. just check that its reseatted when you re pressurise. as for the hotwater right hand side has you look at the boiler the back pipe. there is a restrictor/filter easily removed with a small flat head. just turn the tap on the boiler on the cold feed off. open an hot tap then proceed to take the nut off u might get a trickle off water just put a towel round the bottom off the pipe over the flowswitch.

Sponsored Links
hi

i have the vokera option that leaks outside - from reading all the posts on here it looks like a pressure issue - how do i repressurise it using a footpump as this seems to solve similar problem to what i have found

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back