Vokera syntesi 29e problem any help? Agile or other genuises help needed.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys I have an old vokera syntesi 29e. In march of this year vokera did a fixed priced repair and replaced the pcb. A week ago the boiler was flashing a 01 error code another gas safe engineer inspected the boiler and said the pcb had gone again. I was just wondering if the 01 error is usually indicative of the PCB again and if so what would be the best action to take?

Assuming to call vokera again as 12 month guarantees are usually offered as standard on fixed price repair parts? Also the gas engineer who visited said the PCB did not look new are vokera allowed to fit reconditioned pcbs if this is true?

Sponsored Links
And if you haven't worked out that he's not been on here for over a year!

If he is still listening in, you have to call out his name thus... @Agile :)

Sponsored Links
Call Vokera and get them to do a proper electronics diagnosis. As you say, it should still be under warranty and so will the parts they replace be.

Just to reiterate the boiler is not a year old only the part they replaced on the fixed price repair.

Just to reiterate the boiler is not a year old only the part they replaced on the fixed price repair.

I was referring to the warranty on the "fixed price repair" should be a year... Call them to confirm.

If you want to research this further yourself then heating geek has a couple of good videos on the Syntesi but heed the warnings about any activities that "may" compromise the gas aspect of the boiler ie: just removing the front cover requires further safety test on many boilers.

heating geek has a couple of good videos on the Syntesi

I certainly wouldnt call those two videos good,entertaining yes, an experienced Vokera engineer would have that sussed in half an hour and wouldnt have had to order anything and wouldnt have to do a return visit to spot the hole in the recuperator and write the boiler off, if the recuperator wasnt holed (that wasnt causing the 01 lockout) I for one could have sorted that without any parts

Assuming to call vokera again as 12 month guarantees are usually offered as standard on fixed price repair parts? Also the gas engineer who visited said the PCB did not look new are vokera allowed to fit reconditioned pcbs if this is true?
Yes IF it is the pcb again you will be covered for 12 months, and no they wouldnt fit a reconditioned pcb

I certainly wouldnt call those two videos good,entertaining yes, an experienced Vokera engineer would have that sussed in half an hour and wouldnt have had to order anything and wouldnt have to do a return visit to spot the hole in the recuperator and write the boiler off, if the recuperator wasnt holed (that wasnt causing the 01 lockout) I for one could have sorted that without any parts

I hear what you're saying Ian but I do like heating geek and tbf, he did post that video, knowing he'd missed the gaping hole and I respect him for that... I've missed some howlers before now... It's what makes us human and he did cough up to it in the edits.

I hear what you're saying Ian but I do like heating geek and tbf, he did post that video, knowing he'd missed the gaping hole and I respect him for that... I've missed some howlers before now... It's what makes us human and he did cough up to it in the edits.
Yes but he missed what the actual fault was , if the recuperator was not holed he would have been back anyway after changing the ign pcb and the Brahma transformer

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back