Vokera Unica 32HE Combi - Not Impressed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

Earlier this year we had a Vokera 32HE combi boiler with outside weather compensator fitted. At first I was pleased, seemed to be good quality, plenty of hot water on demand, quiet in operation and was saving money in gas used.

Now it's got colder I'm having problems. We are in a 3 bed end of terrace and the Vokera takes much longer in the morning to bring the house up temperature than the boiler it replaced - I'm talking at least 3 hours to go from 17-22 celsius, the rads are all getting hot, but not as hot as with the old boiler (central heating flow temperature is set to maximum on the Vokera).

Hot water flow rate is also now frankly terrible. If any hot tap is turned on full the flow is OK but the temperature never reaches the set 55 celsius and the heating of the hot water 'cycles' i.e. turn on a hot tap, after about 20 seconds the water begins to warm up, the water temperature just goes above about 35 celsius and then you can feel it cool down for a few seconds and then it will heat up again. If the flow on a hot water tap is set to about 3 litres a minute, the water temperature does reach about 55 celsius, but still 'cycles' i.e. after reaching set temperature it flows OK for about 10 seconds, cools then heats up again.

To add to my woes, its not saving money. Over the last few weeks gas usage has been equal to or even greater than the (average) daily gas usage of my old boiler last winter, and that was heating up a tank of hot water twice every day!

I'm considering disconnecting the weather compensator - do these things really 'do what it says on the tin' e.g. save gas? I also suspect the cold water feed flow rate is too great this time of year and needs reducing to cure the hot water problems?

My very grateful thanks in advance for any thoughts, comments and/or help.

Sponsored Links
Weather compensator not properly calibrated?

Which programmer and thermostat do you have?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back