Vokerka Mynute 28SE PRV/EV issue

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having an issue with my Mynute 28SE boiler. A few weeks ago I noticed that the pressure guge on the boiler had risen to around 3.5bar. There was also water dripping constantly from the PRV outlet.

I had the plumber come round and he thought it was the EV. He re-charged the EV and it seemed to be ok for a while, however there was a constant drip from the EV outlet.

Tonight I noticed that the pressure gauge has not startd reading high again and the outlet from the PRV is hot so therefor the PRV has either lifted or is passing still.

Does this sound like i would need to change out the EV as well as the PRV.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Doesn't sound as if your EV is faulty yet. Ther could be some debris sitting under the valve seating of the PRV.

You could try turning the knob on the PRV a couple of times, this may move debris. repressurise boiler and see how it goes.

If this fails replace PRV. the body can be left in, just clean and fit new workings.

Thanks for your reply. Ive just had another look. There definately seems to be an issue with the PRV. I will try what you suggest in the morning and see if I can get the PRV to seat properly. I was just slightly concerned about the pressure rising to over 3 bar when heated up. I had this at 1.2 bar when system was cold. I am also having to re-fill a lot as pressure is dropping back below 1 bar when system cools down again.

Sponsored Links
Presure will drop if PRV is passing.

If presure is constantly rising above 3bar then this does indicate a fault with the EV. It could have a perfarated diaphragm or a blockage in the pipe leading to it or to the pipe.

Try clearing the PRV first and post back, If I dont pick it up one of the others will.

PS use the thanks Button as I need to get my count up as I aint posted for a while ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back