Volex Protector - RCBO

T

Tonyx

Hi,

Is it possible to buy an RCBO for a Volex Protector CU? I note Screwfix do one, will that fit OK?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Can't find them on their website, am I looking in the right place - QED.co.uk? Also, would the Secrewfix one work? They are close by...

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Unfortunately, I don't have a picture of the CU. It's at a customer's house who wants some bathroom lights fitted so i need to protect the circuit (no supp bonding). It does have mcb's fitted so i was hoping it would be a fairly straight forward swop :rolleyes:

If it is compatable with the new MCBs then yes, it should be a fairly straight forward swop.
Are there any other circuits present in the bathroom?
Is all conductive pipework either isolated or effectively connected to the MET?

Thanks for your replies..........

Are there any other circuits present in the bathroom? Is all conductive pipework either isolated or effectively connected to the MET?

No, just the lighting circuit. Regarding the pipework, the honest answer is, 'I don't know'. There is no visible supplementary bonding in the bathroom but, there is main protective bonding to the water and gas pipes from the MET.

but not if I fit an rcbo in the cu? I very much doubt there is any supp bonding :rolleyes:

Using an RCD for ommision of supplementary bonding is only one of the requirements - have a peep at section 701 in the red book.

True... from memory, supplementary bonding if can be omitted if an rcd is fitted, the main protective bonding is in situ to relevant services and, the circuit protective device meets the discon times. Does that sound about right?

In my experience, fitting an RCBO to a Volex board is a PITA.

The Volex board is very crowded and there's a neutral bus that runs right where the top of your RCBO goes.

It is do-able but allow twice as much time as you planned for this!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back