Volkera SP80 no hot water or heating ???

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi my combi boiler (Volkera sp80) is not supplying any hot water from the tap or to the radiators. Having changed the domestic diapham a couple of times since i moved in i have had a quick look. I have noticed the combustion front cover to be really hot but with only the pilot light lit (is this normal). I have also noticed the radiators upstairs getting hot when the hot water was working last week. The fan seems to be quite loud aswell. Its as if the boiling will not ignite even though every thing seems to be working as it should.
I had a local corgi enginner around (dads friend) he took the manual away and seems to think its the divertor valve diaphram the smallest one??

Sponsored Links
It sounds to me as if the fan is not turning as well as a flow detection problem.

I have to say that your dads "Corgi friend" does not sound very competent with repairing boilers.

I would say that you need a proper registered engineer who is experienced at repairs.

Tony

It sounds to me as if the fan is not turning as well as a flow detection problem.

I have to say that your dads "Corgi friend" does not sound very competent with repairing boilers.

I would say that you need a proper registered engineer who is experienced at repairs.

Tony

Thanks for reply i think your right as the fan can be heard from outside and this morning when i got up the combustion chamber was really hot and then i heard the fan start to turn making a noise untill it spun (noisey) up to speed then the boiler ignited.
To the other guys defence it was all working again fine when he came round but he should have noticed the fan making a noise :rolleyes: But i think there is 2 faults one with the fan and other is the rads upstairs get hot when the dw turned on. Is that the diagram he was on about??? Oh am i able to change the fan myself or is that against regs

Sponsored Links
just an update i have ordered a new fan today but will not arrive till tuesday :confused: so i decided to remove the fan and check it but it felt not tight at all but the bearings felt noisey when spun. I sprayed the bearings and reasembled it but after a couple of hours problem come back. I did notice that the pressure builds up very quickly when the tap iis turned on eg 65/70 degrees before it cuts out. Could this still be a fan problem as i can here it spinning but the pipe from the compustion chamber feels really hot which has a switch clipped to it which looks to be a temp sensor. Could there be a blockage???

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back