Vokera Excell SP80 Heating but no hot water ???.

With the heating on the water starts off as hot, it then seems to cycle between warm then hot, warm then hot etc.

If we run a bath it is always a case of checking the water every few minutes to make sure it has not run cold.

As soon as you switch the heating off it's ice water again.

mickp1

Sponsored Links
Could be a sludge problem but one thing at a time - you need to et the hot water comin on when it's supposed to be on for the right controls to be in operation.

As ChrisR has just said you need to check the microswitch at the bottom left of the boiler.
Turn all the power off and push the switch, usually when they are knackered you will not hear a click.

Could be a sludge problem but one thing at a time - you need to et the hot water comin on when it's supposed to be on for the right controls to be in operation.[/quote]

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys

I seem to be typing as your replying !!!!

I am off work tomoz so i will check the switch out in the morning and reply later in the day.

Can't wait to get this sorted and i appreciate your help.

mickp1

Scatmanjohn & Chris R

I have located the microswitch and checked it out.

With mains off i pressed the metal strip and there is a definite click each time you push it.

When you open the hot tap the arm moves and operates the micro switch. There is an adjustable screw fitted into the end of the arm which presses in the micro switch but it looks like it is set correctly.

Anything else i can try ??.

Thanks

mickp1

If you can safely press it with the power on then that will give us a better idea.

Turn heating OFF
Do not run tap
Just push the switch (a long insulated screwdriver is best).

What happens?

Sounds like the switch could be faulty.
You need someone who can test it.
Do you have a Multimeter?

Yes i have got a multimeter.

Do i check for continuity through the two wires ?.

mickp1

Yes.
You should have continuity when switch is pressed in.
Open Ciruit when the switch is at rest.

Don't forget to turn off the power!!!

Got the switch off and there are three wires sealed into the switch.

Not sure which ones to probe to test the switch

Black, White & Red

Any ideas ?.

mickp1

Black is common and the one connected to it should "change over" when you press the switch, from the red one to the white.

ChrisR

Can i just check i am doing this right.

I have put one probe to the black wire and the other one to white. There is continuity through this test.

When i probe black and red there is no continuity regardless of the switch position.

Have i checked this correctly and if so are we deducting the switch is knackered ?.

mickp1

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back