Volt Free Controls?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vokera Linea 735 boiler with no room stat but the mechanical clock (VOK201). I've bought a Sunvic TLX RFP Wireless Programmable Roomstat. Its receiver has three terminals: Live, Neutral and "Call for heat". The boiler requires a two conductor connection, which I think should be volt-free. When in the "on" state the "call for heat terminal is live.
The wiring diagram for the controller is here: http://www.sunvic.co.uk/tlxrrt_new.html
Installation diagrams for the boiler are on the Vokera website...
The Sunvic is also being sold under the name of Towerstat and is being advertised as "Volt Free"...

My query is simply can this controller be used with this boiler - I have already emailed both companies - neither have yet to reply...

Thanks,

Andrew

Sponsored Links
As far as I can see, the thermostat does not have volt-free contacts. The receiver is mains operated and gives a "live" mains voltage to the boiler - this is not volt free then.
Needs more knowledge of how the particular boiler operates.

Boiler manual says to use volt free but they are mains voltage switching , so you might be lucky - but you must ask Vokera.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back