Voltage across flow switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
could anybody tell me the voltage Reading across both flow switches on an alpha 240 E. I suspect it is low.
Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Its not very important what voltage there is across a flow switch when its not activated.

When it does activate the voltage should fall to zero. That means no more than about 200mV as a maximum.

Tony

Hi
could anybody tell me the voltage Reading across both flow switches on an alpha 240 E. I suspect it is low.
Thanks in advance.
thanks for your reply,
would there be a voltage going from the pcb to the flow switch before the pump runs, or only once the pump starts. Trying to understand the process from pcb through switch etc. Multimeter I'm using is old and maybe not recognising mv. Sorry to confuse things. Any help greatly appreciated.

The simple answer is that I dont know and it does not matter.

I think there is always the voltage there but its not important.

Nor do I understand why you are so interested in something that is not relevant. If it was needed to repair boilers then I would know.

If I wanted to know then I would just measure it.

Tony

Sponsored Links
If I recall correctly, they are standard C NC NO(1 2 3) switch? I'm with Tony, why would you need to know that, surely you only need to establish if it 'makes & breaks'??

If you're not sure about the appliance, call in a Gas Safe RGI.

an alpha 240 E...............Awful wee boiler, leaks like a 2 month old baby.

One of our guys called me out to one, Jeez, I've never seen anything like it!! It was pizzing out everywhere!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back