Vortex 21e and hive.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all. I have purchased an old house that has a fairly new external grant vortex 21e oil combi boiler for the central heating and hot water with no tank. I already have the complete hive setup from my last place that I was renting so have it spare. Do I need single or dual channel receiver ?

Currently it has a thermostat in the hall and a danfrost 957 I think in the kitchen.

Sponsored Links
Deleted for incorrect advice

Last edited:
Dual channel if you want to control the hot water preheat

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
A bit late of me but thanks for the reply ^_^

Is the dual channel also volt free switching? I'm just trying to get my head round the control of the combi boiler as hive website says single channel for combi boilers and I had my flat wired with it, althou I only used the combi for hear only and was a simple two wires to call for heat.

I notice on the danfross the water light is permanently on, obviously for the water preheat.
20201004_101816.jpg

Sponsored Links
It's 230v switching on the dual channel, which is fine for your application

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back