Vulcan domestic boiler spares ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi..

Sister in laws boiler packed in. Pilot was out so relit. No problems with thermocouple, pilot stays lit. Main burner not firing though. Traced 240 volts all way to top of gas valve - proves the timer, the thermostat et al is fine.

Suspect therefore the gas valve is knacked. :cry: (funny how the pilot went out though after several years without issue) Any tips welcome..

Now then... where can I get a replacement gas valve or rebuild kit for it ?
I'm mainly asking so I can source one and consider prices. Has some company taken over and rebadged ? Any ideas ?

Badged as 'vulcan international' approx 35 years old or more....

Alternative is something sis in law would not fancy paying for.

Cheers,
Jon

Sponsored Links
There aren't many vulcan spares available, think they folded mid 80's, if its one of the later ones you may be ok but if not its time to put the old antique out of her misery. Come up with a model number and we can tell you for sure

Sponsored Links
I was able to replace just the operator on the gas valve on one of those.

However as its a CORGI job, without your CORGI number I cannot give you advice on sourcing or fitting anything in case you blow up your sister in law!

Tony

which one though Tony?, I have a list of over 100 vulcans ranging from 1963 to 1981. I believe they are ideals.

I certainly dont remember!

Luckily I have only seen a very few. Oddly they seem very reliable but probably highly inefficient and a terrific weight.

I think the company may have been bought up by Ideal, probably to close it down to reduce competition, a common tactic, but I dont think they were ever made by Ideal.

Tony

Thanks for the replies....

I told Sis in law on the night that I figured out it was the valve that she'd have to get a certified bloke in. Have not heard a lot since so hopefully ok.. I was thinking that they may have a problem getting parts for it, hence asking if anyone knows of it. If it's still a problem though I'll scrape away some rust and see if there's any model number and supply the bloke with some help from you guys.

Blowing up the Mother in law (the antique) might be an interesting option...(note for those incapable of seeing sarcasm, or just plain politically correct - that was a joke).

Cheers !
Jon

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back