VW Transporter. Insurance and general owning.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are looking to purchase a VW Transporter, maybe ex AA, to accomodate our family. Can anyone advise where is the best place go to get insurance as the quotes we have got so far seem a bit high ( over 500.00 fully comp )? It seems that we are now into van insurance and some companies don't seem too clued up. Don't want to get one and then not be able to afford to insure it.
Also, has anyone got any tips on what models to look out for and anything else that might be useful? This is new ground for us so any help would be welcome.
Thanks. :) :)

Sponsored Links
You think thats bad? my renewal was £2300 this year. I told em to stuff it but cheapest I found was £1300 :(

Mine used to go through front tyres like nobodies business, they used to scrub off on the outside no matter what the garage did with the tracking etc..The early air cooled ones used to have problems with the heater because of pushrod tube seals going. They also used to have a problem with rusting on body seams. Petrol consumption used to be pathetic also. Sorry to be so negative but I presume you wanted to hear the downside.

Sponsored Links
Back