1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

How much is insurance/tax for Transporter/Hiace/Vito type vans when compared to a car?

Discussion in 'General Cars' started by DIYNotIan, 28 Sep 2015.

1. DIYNotIan

DIYNotIan

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Hi all

I am hoping to get a van soon; a Vito, Transporter, Hiace or something of that kind of shape and size.... I'll probably be looking to spend around £3-5k.

I've only ever had cars. I currently have a 2003 Skoda Fabia Estate.

I have absolutely no idea what kind of price I'll have to pay for tax and insurance on the van compared to what I pay on the Skoda. I know there's no way of giving any kind of accurate figure, but I wondered if anyone could give me a rough idea of how much more (presuming it will be more) it might be.

Cheers

Max

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Burnerman

Burnerman

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I'll guarantee the insurance will be more than a car.....commercials get a bit of a hiding and therefore premiums are higher. My van (Berlingo) is with Churchill on confused.com so yours could be listed. I pay around £250 I think. My road tax is heavy due to the emissions, and most vehicles are different so I can't answer that one.
    John :)

4. Belle427

Belle427

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Tax on our 2006 transporter is £200 a year and insurance round about £350. Tax depends on year and engine size.
    I'm not sure if you can take your car no claims bonus over to a commercial so worth checking first.