W842 Check water inlet flashing during/after rinses

Reaction score
Country
Malta
Hello. I have two Miele washing machines W842 . These are approx 20 years old .

My problems are that one of them , on quick-wash ,completes the main wash and stops after it fills to do the rinses with the water inlet flashing . Immediately it drains and stops completely with the water inlet remaining flashing.

Afterwards it would not even start at all as if the water tap is closed or there is no water at all. I noticed that a clicking sound is heared as soon as I press the start button which most probably is coming from a relay inside the machine.

Than it takes long to start again.

I would also like to point out that the water system is connected to a pressure pump since these washing machines are situated in the washroom which is at the top level of my house .Without the use of this pressure pump these machines would signal check water inlet almost immediately.

I also having problems with second one during the quick-wash which is doing a very similar problem to the other machine especially with a load of bath towels with the difference that it fills and starts without problems until it gives a check inlet problem at the end of the rinse cycle just before going the next step.

When this happens we try to put on separate rinse cycle but the same thing happens with the water inlet flashing causing it not to start at all.

Strangely this problem does not occur with light clothes.

I would really appreciate if anyone can help me with these faults .After all these years both machines still look like new and its a pity to have them changed if there is a way to save them.

Thankyou

Malta

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
The first thing I would do is have your water pump output pressure checked as it seems too much of a coincidence to have similar problems on 2 machines. It may also be a problem with the pipe work leading up to the top floor. are there other taps on that level?

Clutching at straws here but our Miele used to do strange things whenever the brushes wore down.

From memory it used to fill up but would not spin or drain properly. Someone on this forum recommended checking the brushes. One was completely worn down, the other was full. I replaced the single brush and the machine was fine after, 10 years later I replaced both brushes.

If your machines are 20 years old, the brushes may well be worn.

For the record, you can either buy 3rd party brushes which are a tad of a pain to fit, or purchase the assembly with the brushes which is much quicker to fit. You will need a Torx screwdriver set though.

The first time that I replaced the brushes it took me about 30 mins, the second time it took about 20 because I was now aware of where the screws are.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back