Wago connectors for ring main

Sponsored Links
I don't, I've stuck them on consumer unit, isolators, on main earth connection next to service head I stick electrical safety connection sticker.

I know what you mean about appliances and sockets, switches etc. can't stick to them because it would ruin the look and also no room really. But also you take sockets off the wall and on mk sockets certainly screws are recessed and the backs are well insulated, so no wire core is visible if terminated correctly.

Probably more risk opening one of them round junction boxes with the big brass screws than taking a socket off the wall.

But I do stick them on whenever I can.
Most appliances I thought usually have stickers already near the electrical connections?

I don't specifically go looking for it but I'm sure I've seen it quite a few times... Isolate before removing cover etc.

I've also stuck them to oven connection plate, as that has exposed terminals behind the cover. Probably only accessory.

I I know what you mean about appliances and sockets, switches etc. can't stick to them because it would ruin the look and also no room really. But also you take sockets off the wall and on mk sockets certainly screws are recessed and the backs are well insulated, so no wire core is visible if terminated correctly.
Fair enough - but the Ashley MF JBs are even better in that respect. Provided the conductors are terminated correctly you cannot even see, let alone touch any metal within them, yet you said you would label them (that's how this side discussion started!).

One also has to wonder who is being usefully 'informed' by the labels. If one finds 3 or 4 T&E cables going into an MF JB beneath the floorboards, it hard to imagine that anyone looking at that would not at least suspect that mains voltage electricity might be involved :) .... much more useful than a warning label would be some labelling indicating what circuit was involved, and where the cables were going.

Kind Regards, John

True, lol there are no exposed wires.

To me it's still good practice though.

But you have given me a good idea now :) I might start doing that as well as it makes real sense. I already label the sockets which have a dedicated circuit for fridge and freezer.

Sponsored Links
True, lol there are no exposed wires. To me it's still good practice though.
Indeed - as I said, not only no exposed wires, but no metal of any sort which is even visible,let alone touchable!
But you have given me a good idea now :) I might start doing that as well as it makes real sense. I already label the sockets which have a dedicated circuit for fridge and freezer.
Yes, there are situations in which that can be useful. However, as I was implying, it's the JBs under floors and in roofspaces etc. which probably benefit most from functional labelling - that could save someone (maybe even you!) hours of fiddling about and tracing in the future!

Kind Regards, John

Yep you have a valid point and its something I will start doing methinks.

Under a floor in a house I've located about half a dozen round brown junction boxes from a previous DIY rewire.. It's a mess, switched off shower circuit, and it took out half the upstairs sockets with it and in 1 room 1 socket doesn't work at all.. And if you have lots of appliances on, only things like tv, virgin media box... Iron, computer and things.. The usual.. It trips the mcb.

Suspect it's got something to do with the junction boxes.

So you have a good point about them, it's something not all people do but would help greatly.. Not something I had thought of before.

In the case of them half dozen rather than trying to work out what's what, because of other problems I've found figured better to start again and do a rewire on it.

Yep you have a valid point and its something I will start doing methinks....So you have a good point about them, it's something not all people do but would help greatly.. Not something I had thought of before.
Probably as a result of bitter experiences (hours of circuit tracing!) I have become a fanatical documenter and labeller of things like JBs - although I confess that my labelling is purely 'functional' and stops short of 'warning' that a JB contains mains voltage :)

Kind Regards, John

Lol, yes you have a point.

But never know who's gonna open it in future.. Seen online some people messing with electrics who claim they can't even wire a plug

How do you label them? Write on sticky labels, felt pen, or label printer?

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Excuse me but can we get the topic back to Wagos, this seems all irevalent :)

Sorry, lol

Right, Wagos..

Great product, meets the maintenance free requirements... Available in cage clamp or push type fitting.

They also do a different style of wago advertised for lighting applications, which looks nothing like the cage clamp ones or push type, white in colour.

Can also get Din rail accessory and enclosures for them.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Excuse me but can we get the topic back to Wagos, this seems all irevalent :)
What do you wish to add to the discussion about Wagos? - I thought the OP had got his answer and that that discussion dried up half way down the first page.

Kind Regards, John

Nothing, but when your watching for a new post on here you return to find something totally irevolent

Nothing, but when your watching for a new post on here you return to find something totally irevolent
Fair enough - and apologies if it inconvenienced you.

My rule of thumb is that (albeit with a few exceptions) if a thread gets appreciably beyond one page, and certainly if it gets beyond two pages, the probability is that it has gone 'off topic' (and hence probably largely irrelevant in relation to the OP) is extremely high!

Kind Regards, John

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back