Wahing Machine JLWM1202

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a John Lewis branded washing machine that has developed a leak.

The water is coming from the rear of the dispenser draw. I have removed the top and thought it was the spring clip between the rubber hose and the draw rear but having replaced the clip I now see that the water is coming out of the unit itself.

I have done some searching and think that the part I need to replace is called the WASHING MACHINE DISPENSER DETERGENT NEAT RIM (Product Code: RS78017)

Can anyone confirm that this is the right part. And does it come with the 2 cold inlet connectors? as this looks like it might be a separate part.

It looks easy to change if I can get the old one out. I'll figure that out once I have the new part in hand.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your link, ransoms was where I had found the part details, but no picture.

Took the bull by the horns and removed the part to get a better look. The leak was from the cold inlet where it sandwiches between the upper and lower parts of the drawer. It just slots in, not sealed at all. I think it was backing up because the jets feeding water to the dispenser were blocked. All cleared now. When putting it back together I have put a little sealant around it. Now writing this I think I should/could have used plumbers mate just in case I need it apart again. Hindsight eh!!

Will leave it to set before I test it.

Thanks once again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back