Walk-in shower - protecting the floor from water ingress

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wanted a wet room shower (with 2 screens with an open gap for entry) but it costs a lot of money because I will need to board the entire floor with the waterproof boards to level it out with the wet room tray.

The next option is to have a walk in shower tray (with 2 screens with an open gap for entry) but I am concerned the splashing from the shower on to the bathroom floor could cause a problem.

At the moment the we only have 18mm WBP Plywood down above the joists.

What would you suggest on top of this. Finished floor will be tiles.

Shower Size:
1600x900 with 1100 - 1200 screen and 900 screen on the side leaving a 400 - 500 gap as an entry. The ceiling fed shower head will be positioned furthest away from the shower entry.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
I just ensured my tray was sealed before and after tiling, shower mat at entrance picks up any slight overspray .

^^. Same here. Ours is a 1400x760 tray with a single 1200 glass panel, I thought it would get the room really wet but was wrong, a small mat catches the splashes easily.

Sponsored Links
I just ensured my tray was sealed before and after tiling, shower mat at entrance picks up any slight overspray .

^^. Same here. Ours is a 1400x760 tray with a single 1200 glass panel, I thought it would get the room really wet but was wrong, a small mat catches the splashes easily.

Ok this is good to know.
Like most stuff, you never really know until you install it or ask!

Thanks both.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back