walk in showers (no doors), general opinions?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm thinking of buying a walk in shower enclosure, the type with a curved entry glass with wooden insert in the "dry-ish" area. (about £400)
Does anyone have an opinion of these? I don't know anyone who has one.
I'm wondering if they work well to keep the water in, plus do you get any drafts from not having a door to seal the enclosure..
Having no moving parts sounds good, but is it?

thanks, Alex.

Sponsored Links
not got one, dont want one.

my theory is what happens to the water as you shower? it bounces off you and goes?

if there is a door it hits the door and runs down into shower tray.

but then i suppose it depends on the design

We fit them a lot. General feed back is good. The floors are always fully tiled or have a quality vinyl, the bathrooms do tend to get a fair bit of water on the floor. Drafts are down to wether doors or windows are left open or not.

Also, there is the advantage of having fixed panels and no moving parts. Less likely to go wrong - easier to clean.

I like them. When we next do our bathroom, we are having one.

I would prefer to have more showering space than a waste of it to dry off.
Pete

Sponsored Links
I have a waste set in the tiles, and the water can go where it likes.

No tray or anything just loads of room.

Got a Matki walk in. My experience echoes some of those here. Some water gets on the floor. (I have a Karndean floor). I would have bought the larger one if space permitted (mine is 1200mm) as some of the space is 'dead'. I like it though and I'm not a fan of doors on showers as a lot of the designs are poor and don't stand up to day to day use and are often the first thing to break after a few years.

I know what you mean about the doors, I have the exact same problem!
thanks for your inputs guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back