Walk on warm decked flat roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can you walk on a warm decked flat roof? I was just told during a quote that it would cause flex and you can't walk on it and I would need to insulate from the inside... which is the whole point of the warm deck, avoiding the moisture problems from insulating from inside!

Sponsored Links
Get somebody in who knows what they are talking about and tell them what you need and they will quote you accordingly.

Ha,... I tried to argue with him, I even pulled up a diagram on my phone from Kingspan website which showed a warm deck.

I just didn't like the fact he didn't seem to know what I meant by warm deck.

The company was thermotex group. They said they have been doing this since 1974 !!

You can certainly walk on a warm deck roof for maintenance though if you intend using it as an outside space then that's a whole different game but that's as much about the structure as the insulation etc.

But as mentioned they sound like a bunch of Bozo's and you should avoid them like the plague.

I was doing inspections on a block of flats and had to tell the bricky he was inserting his cavity closers the wrong way round, I've been doing it like that for 30 years mate was his shrift reply, you've been doing it wrong for 30 years then mate was mine! :p

Sponsored Links
had to tell the bricky he was inserting his cavity closers the wrong way round, I've been doing it like that for 30 years mate was his shrift reply, you've been doing it wrong for 30 years then mate was mine! :p

My goodness! - I'll bet they all quake when you turn up on site! And woe-betide them if you see them putting washing-up liquid in the mixer :LOL:

Yes, I had to tell off a junior member of staff the other day, he consistently gets hassle from BC and pages of conditions in his approvals.

Yes, I had to tell off a junior member of staff the other day, he consistently gets hassle from BC and pages of conditions in his approvals.

Then he should be sacked, because he hasn't got even the basic intelligence to know that he should go private :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back