Walking

I

imamartian

spent the best part (8 hours) walking up Kinder today in the Peak District.
What an incredible day.

Any of you like walking? If so, where in Britain would you recommend for jaw-dropping scenery?

Sponsored Links
Jaw dropping scenery ? how about walking through the swimming pool changing room at the Playboy mansion. On a serious note anywhere in the Lake District.

You need go no further than your own beautiful Derbyshire for some spectacular scenery.
One areaI would recommend is Hi-Tor near Matlock Bath. From what I remember, and I'm going back quite a few years in my memory, the view from the top can be a bit giddy but what a view!
Suggest you google it and see if there are any pics of the area.

You need go no further than your own beautiful Derbyshire for some spectacular scenery.
One areaI would recommend is Hi-Tor near Matlock Bath. From what I remember, and I'm going back quite a few years in my memory, the view from the top can be a bit giddy but what a view!

Conny... you get giddy just walking to spars for a pint of milk. :LOL: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
The other weekend a few of us walked Froggat, Curbar and Baslow Edges in the Peak District.

Great day, great weather, all the scenery advantages of slogging up a big hill but without the climbing.

And best of all we finished at the homemade ice cream shop in Baslow!

Ahh Kinder Scout. Been there many times, when I was younger. The view towards Sheffield from Kinder Downfall is spectacular. ;) ;)

spent the best part (8 hours) walking up Kinder today in the Peak District.
What an incredible day.

Any of you like walking? If so, where in Britain would you recommend for jaw-dropping scenery?

My daughter did that a couple of days ago, she sent me some photos, I sent her a picture of my 'stella' in the garden.

Yeh Glencoe!..you wont be dissapointed. Iv done it five times and im still mesmerised by it. :rolleyes: :eek:

the wind must've been 70 mph.... and the terrain huge... and varied, but very dry... dry riverbeds and waterfalls.. unusual.

This is the website of a couple who do a lot of walking in and around the Lake District and photograph every walk that they do.

Some beautiful pictures on the site along with descriptions of the walk:

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Worth Bookmarking to view the latest walk every few days.

dave

Sponsored Links
Back