Wall clock

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to hang a wall clock in the bathroom. It weighs nearly a pound.

Does it need a raw plug and screw or hammer a picture nail in straight into the wall . Alternatively, there are command hooks I could consider. It’s a painted wall.

What would you do?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Command are good but I would not trust them in a steamy room like a bathroom.
Wall plug and screw. (y)

Sponsored Links
Is the wall tiled, come on OP throw us some helpful information, we have a saying at work, 'crap in - crap out'.

Drill a hole in it big enough for a brown plasplug. Disregard the plaster, which has no strength.

The colour of the dust will tell you what you are drilling into.

If soft lime mortar, move a couple of inches and hope for a brick,

If crumbly, clean out the hole and fill it (from the back) with builders adhesive, before pressing in the plug, just below the surface, and leaving it to set.

A cup hook might be better than a screw, depending on the attachment on the clock.

I wouldn't put clock in bathroom.Is it heavily shared one, where everyone are limited to 5 minutes each?
Haha no it’s because I know how long I have been in the tub, without grabbing my phone with wet hands trying to see time.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back