How to screw into walls of new build

though in a timber frame they should run up the sides of the windows.
Be aware. Pipe drops to radiators may also run there....... at least they do in a relative's house, as he discovered when putting up curtain fixings!

Sponsored Links
Well that's the biggest load of cobblers I have read on this forum for a long time and that's saying something. New builds are rubbish end of. They are put up in a couple of weeks and the materials are so weak that it is a wonder to me that they don't fall down or rot away within a year or two. Give me a well built brick and block older property well insulated etc any day over any new build. The reason stuff falls off the walls and every word that is said by the neighbours is heard is because of the appalling materials and build qualities of new builds.
Are you saying Robin is factually incorrect? Seems pretty accurate to me?

Be aware. Pipe drops to radiators may also run there....... at least they do in a relative's house, as he discovered when putting up curtain fixings!
Perhaps another vote to look at picking up one of those wall detector devices if there is any doubt as to what is inside the wall

Sponsored Links
I've owned several wall detectors unless it's metal close to surface I've found then next door to useless.
On new build the pipework should be in defined zones and aluminium tape been installed behind the pipework.

The 'should ' if things work correctly is covered by pre plaster inspection.
Certainly on sites we have done, for some time N H B C inspection has been very thorough.

You have to take a leap of faith when ever you drill a hole in a wall, unless you built it yourself you never really know if there will be something there that should be.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back