Wall Hung WC leak

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a wall hung WC that has developed a small leak - no work done in the area recently. Upon inspection it seems the water is coming out from the part where the WC meets the soil pipe.

By the side of the WC are small holes that I think could be used to loosen the WC fixings so I can take it off the wall. However this wall hung unit seems to have nuts vs the allen key bolts that are normally used, so I can't get to them via the opening. Going from under the unit is the only way but its a small space so i can't use my adjustable spanner. I tried using an adjustable basin wrench (https://www.screwfix.com/p/adjustable-basin-wrench-13mm-40mm/868xr) but it didn't work.

I've attached a video showing the leak and a photo showing the fixing. Two questions for this group:

1. Am I correct in thinking I need to take the WC off and inspect the pipe to see if it has a leak and possibly replace it vs being able to stop the leak without taking the WC off by using something like Plumbera Mait.
2. Any advice on what tool I can use to get the nuts off?

Attachments

• IMG_2087.jpg
    IMG_2087.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 29
  • WC-Leak.png
    WC-Leak.png
    969.9 KB · Views: 35
Sponsored Links
It might be from above , before you disturb it.
dry it off to check if it only leaks when flushed then try so see if it’s the flush pipe.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back