Wall Issues....

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have not long bought a flat, unfortunately the previous owners saw fit to paint EVERY surface in sight with coarse textured paint (the sand type one) As you can prob appriciate I cannot afford to go out and pay plasterers to sort it out for me, but I cannot possibly stand the sight of it much longer!!

The walls seem pretty sound underneath, apart from the typical cracks that always arrive the second you start peeling paper/paint off!

Is there a easy way to sort it? Can i screw/glue some type of thin plasterboard onto the walls? Would I need to finish it off somehow?

It might sound lazy, but I really do not have the will to peel all the crappy paint off!

Please help....losing the plot!

Thankyou!

Sponsored Links
apologies for landing on your patch.

My mother always said...
If you have nothing nice to say...
Say nothing at all...

Sponsored Links
if its pollytex then i would remove the skirting and use 3/8" plaster board bonded to the wall then refit skirting,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back