wall light fixings - what are they called/

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
Don't know if this is the right forum, but,
Just had some ceramic wall lights delivered, but no fitting kit. They have two holes for mounting, but I can’t get a screwdriver in there to screw them in the wall. The diagram shows something that is put into the wall with a thread poking out that a nut tightens on to, securing the unit. What are these things called – I have no idea what to ask for and don’t want to lug the lamp to the shop on my bike!
Cheers.

Sponsored Links
been away with no internet (joy!) so apologies for the late replies. I'll get some pics up of the instructions today, so you can see the bolt thing.
cheers.

Sponsored Links
I think you are looking for 'Hanger Bolts' They have a spire screw point at one end and a machine screw thread on t'other.

Some alternatives :-

Use an adhesive (Gripfill?) to stick a piece of studding / headless bolt into a hole.

Screw a piece of studding into a wall plug instead of a wood screw, and fit a nut and washer to the outer end. You may need to file a point on the end of the studding to expand the wall plug.

Use some small coach screws - they have a hex. head for a spanner.

Or small screw eyes with a washer under the head , and use a tommy bar through the eye to tighten them.

Shield anchors are a bit OTT, but some are made with a threaded end to accept a nut.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back