Name this fixing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi chaps

I've recently removed a tv wall mount and I want to move it to a different room. The wall plate was held on with four of the following fixings.

The flat end of the screw (on the right in the photo) goes in to the hole in the wall along with the metal tube with the thread poking out. You then tighten a nut on the thread, which draws the head OUT of the wall in to the tube, and causing the cut ends on the tube to splay out.

Now, I need to get four more of these as the old fixings will not come out (which I guess is the idea). Problem is I don't even know what they are called.

Any ideas?

Olly[/img]

Sponsored Links
And you'll need a doofer to make new holes and a whatjamacallit to tighten the bolts!!

Sponsored Links
Sleeve anchors they are, and these type particularly need a clean, accurate hole.
Why these are used to hold tellys up is anyone's guess!
John :)

Sleeve anchors they are, and these type particularly need a clean, accurate hole.
Why these are used to hold tellys up is anyone's guess!
John :)

I think you will find they are better than blue tac....

Also look up RawlBolts those "Ows yer Fathers" are the "Dogs Whatsits". Sorry but us tradespeople are liable to slip onto these technical terms without thinking about it ;)

"THUNDERBOLTS" !!!! Drill the hole into masonry and screw the bolt straight into the brickwork.. I've used them for wallplates and a neighbour uses smaller ones to fix PVC doors and windows..

Sponsored Links
Back