Wall mounted combi under an electric hob?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I have a wall mounted combi condensing boiler in the kitchen venting to the outside.

I want to move it down under the worktop.

I then want to put a electric induction hob in the worktop over the boiler.

My questions are:

(1) Do builiding regs allow a gas boiler under an electric hob?

(2) Any other suggestion on how to do this.

I will not be doing this work, I will get builders / plumbers / central heating people. I just asking this to get an idea of what can be done.

The boiler is an Ideal, 700mm from top to bottom of casing, but with pipework at bottom and flue at top.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
HI

why are you doing this ?

1.people spend money to move boiler from the floor to the wall and you want opposite
2.it is bad idea to install the boiler under the worktop specially if it is wall mounted combi boiler.
3.worst place for a boiler

Can't see how you can do it.

If boiler is 700mm high then add to this the usual minimum clearance of 200mm beneath it, then approx 180/200mm for the flue above it, so how is this going to fit under any hob or worktop, when they are usually 870mm to the underside of the worktop?

Even with 200mm clearance under the boiler you would struggle to be able to work on/service a NOT so IDEAL boiler :rolleyes: :eek:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the constructive replies.

I am now certain that I will leave the boiler where it is.

As to why was I considering moving the boiler, well its a small kitchen in a terraced house and therefore limited wall space to place boliers and hob flus.

I want to think of every possible combination of options before asking a builder to make the changes. I don't want to be sitting in the kitchen in a years time thinking "Hey, it would have been better if we had moved the boiler"

Thanks again,

Much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back