wall mounted boiler position with gas hob and boxing in

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lo
I have a wall mounted gas glow worm condensing boiler professionally installed and on the wall at right angles have a gas hob - the gas hob is not directly under the boiler (but its not far away) there is 250mm to the wall and the boiler overhangs that space
no real choice over location of either - so am planning to box in boiler (instructions say its ok) as concerned about steam from coking going under boiler - I hope to squezze in a 600mm extractor fan over hob though this will make access to boiler tricky
not sure what choice i have but are there any regulations about distance between gas boiler and hob ? the installers knew hob was there :?:

Sponsored Links
You must keep 600mm clear space in front of the boiler, this can be achieved by having a door on your unit provided it can be opened fully. Making access "tricky" is not allowed. Also any combustible surfaces such as units and boxing must be at least 50mm horizontally away from the edge of the hob. Your extractor must be 760mm above the hob

that's very helpful thanks - so am going to have to move the hob about 100mm left of the boiler (50mm for clearance + 50mm as the boiler is actually 300mm deep and the gap under it 250mm) - this means i will have the move a socket at the other side of the hob or that will also overhang ! (lost 50mm with the dry lining)

Does anyone know if you can get easily removable extactors so i could remove for access (600mm to the hob)?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back