Wall mounted taps - afew Q's

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a proper plumber coming in to refit my bathroom in June but I want to make sure I have all the bits I need to make his job go easier.

Originally i was going to have taps mounted to the rim of a freestanding bath but i have gone and got myself a lovely 2nd hand freestanding bath that has no tap holes but i have found some wall mounted taps that will work perfectly!

Sooo how does it work with the pipes running to the taps - it's a brick wall so will they be chased out and then cemented/bonded in? Does this cause any long term damage to the pipes? Do I need to get any additional bits to fix to the taps within the wall?

Also any tips on how to remove the old waste fittings from the cast iron bath ready to be replaced?

As mentioned I am not doing the work myself but my plumber is a nice chap and i want to make the job as smooth running as possible!

Thanks

Hx

Sponsored Links
pipes as u say to be chased out or in a false wall

if chased out i place tape over the pipes and screw to the wall. plaster over them. plumber will need to look at the elbow setup so to set up the distances etc...tiles ?

Removing a waste is no problem if your not worried about damaging the bath ie old enamel...otherwise you have to take care !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back