Wall Mounted Taps?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have an enamel bath with the taps coming out of the vertical wall of the bath itself, either side of the waste.

Can I use any wall mounted taps or are there special ones I should look at? The local plumbers' merchant said he'd never seen this before and I'd have to replace like for like with "Globe" taps (Bristan).

Ideally, I'd like to have a shower/mixer with a ceramic disk.

The fellow in the Bathstore told me I could use almost any of their mixer taps as long as the distance between them was standard.

My quandary is that the plumbers' merchant is excellent and they are nearly always right.

All help gratefully received.

Thanks

F

Sponsored Links
Wouldn't the waste be in the way of a bar mixer? The standard spacing is 150mm.

Bugger me that`s an old bath :eek: if it`s an original...........not a repro. Globe taps are the ones.......and check valves probably ..........because there wont be an air gap between the tap outlet and the weir of the overflow .........I`ve seen them and bathed in one :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back