Wall papering around corners.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all.
About to start my first ever wall papering expedition and slight anxious (as I am over all first time 'gigs').
I unfortunately have to contend with one or two irksome obstacles i.e. window sills which edge out; wardrobe built into the wall (leaving just a 3" gap at the top); fireplace et al. Fortunately I don't have to paper all the way to the top of the ceiling as I'll be stopping at the picture frame rail (the house is relatively old).
I'm armed with all the tools borrowed in part from my mother. I added a cutting wheel in there as I feel this might be easier than me trying to cut a straight line with scissors.
Anything I should be looking out for/any tips?
As per the title, I'm a little curious about papering round corners. I've read on here (and other sites) that I should paper around to the other wall (external and internal???) by around 1/2 "...then cut a straight line down the paper in anticipation of the next sheet...I can't get my head round this however...I'm sure if I saw it done in front of me it would click straight away, but I cannot picture it otherwise.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you scroll back a few pages theres an excellent description on how to cope with corners...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back