Wall plates for Kingspan roof panels

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,
Long time follower, first time poster here.
I’m looking to re-do my garage roof (currently fibre cement board – possibly asbestos – i’m not taking any chances when it comes to removal).
It’s almost a flat roof, very little rake – maybe 4 degrees. Span is approximately 4m.
For a variety of reasons, I’m almost 100% going to use sandwiched insulated steel roof panels – think Kingspan and the like.
My question concerns wall plates.
I’ll be replacing these all round.
Do people think I would get away with just having the roof panels set on square cross section wall plates given we are talking about a very small slope (4 degrees)? At this pitch, height difference from one edge of the wall plate to opposite will be approximately 7mm.
Or am I better cutting/planning this slope along the length of the wall plate (seems like an onerous task – and may affect fitting of wall ties)?
Or am I better fitting regular wall plates as normal then attaching separate angled support on top of this? Sort of like firring strips but running perpendicular to how then normally go.
Be interested to know if anyone has done this.
Trying to avoid the faff of joists/noggings/boarding/insulating/waterproofing. Worth the extra cost IMHO.
Thanks in advance all
Yoshi

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back