insulation boards stacked on the roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

a quick opinion would be appreciated, it is our first (re)build and obviously I have a lot to learn and potentially not everything which looks odd is an issue (this is my behaviour by default! :p )

Came back home to find a bunch of 45mm Kingspan TW50 boards, which will be presumably used for the insulation of the warm flat roof.

As we always discussed having 120mm insulation, I can imagine he is going to stack 3 insulation boards on top of each other. Is this at all OK?
Further, I can see on Kingspan website that they have specific boards for the roof, instead of the TW50 which are cavity wall insulation panels.
Is this something to be concerned about, or is it much of a muchness?
I know, the devil is in the detail.
Thank you all

Sponsored Links
TofuSpaceship, good evening.

Suggest that you go direct to the Horses Mouth

Why not contact Kingspan direct, I would not bother with what anyone thinks, ask the Manufacturer if he[the maker] is happy with the proposed use of his product, and what of the makers products [there are a few various types] the maker would specify.

If possible??? get the question and answer in e mail format so that your builder cannot argue??

Ken

Hi KenGMac

thank you for your reply.
That is what I'd normally do, but unfortunately I can expect Saturday mornings Kingspan is shut and he is going to lay the insulation first thing tomorrow, as the rubber man is coming sometime in the morning! :eek:

Sponsored Links
just to conclude this story, insulation was stacked thinner panels due to supply issues, which in hindsight makes sense, on all the building sites they are mentioning to phone them to check for availability of any insulation board product.
The only thing that annoyed me is that they haven't been using tape between panels because the rubber will be enough. I strongly doubt it and at the same time I strongly hope it will be enough.
There's so many compromises to be had once you are having someone else doing work at your building!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back