wall plates

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I currently have 4 cables coming to the back of my sky box.
Lnb 1 lnb 2 return and an aerial, I am looking for a wall plate to try and tidy it up. I bought Labgear Screened Socket Quadruplexed + Return it was not what i was looking for. Now I have opened a can of worms because it needs an Home Distribution Unit 4-Way.
I have taken my return line to a 4 way booster then off to all the tellys up stairs. Is this the right way? or is a distrbution better. Help help :?: :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
As I understand it to use a single cable for multi-frequencies you needs a Combiner-Splitter-VHF-UHF either like this or like this and these do not boost or attenuate the signal. As far as I can make out the unit will either combine or split so you could mount the same socket plate used to split at TV to combine in the loft.

As far as I can understand some units have a braid braking capacitor or other DC blocking and others will allow a DC signal through the unit and this will mean some will power LNB's and Mast head amps and others will not also there is a issue with items like using a digi eye to change channels remote.

I need a new booster/splitter myself and it seems those which will allow digi eye and the like to work are slightly more expensive.

Maplin do the Digi eye and remote plus a Aerial amp with digital bypass which seem to be what I am looking for but I am not too sure so intend to go to Maplin and ask.

Although Screwfix do some products as shown getting advice over the counter is another matter and some times its worth spending a little more to make sure you get the right thing first time.

The first plate I bought also was one that combined and I had already fitted a single box. So took it back and got a standard double only to find I had to solder shorting links across the de-coupling cap. Modules are available to fit into face plates and I suppose one can build what ever you want that way.

However whenever you add a plug and socket you do reduce the signal and if you have a long run it may be better not to touch?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back