Wall plug socket really hot with fan heater

In the UK it indicates that the pin is the live one connected to the fuse - which gets warm.
While I do not have any experience of that, I cannot imagine that the heat caused by the small resistance of a fuse - transferred via the large pin of the socket concerned - would produce a noticeable difference to any human touch in the temperature concerned.

Do you find it so?

Sponsored Links
While I do not have any experience of that, I cannot imagine that the heat caused by the small resistance of a fuse - transferred via the large pin of the socket concerned - would produce a noticeable difference to any human touch in the temperature concerned.

Do you find it so?
It's not the small resistance of the fuse that is the problem - it is high contact resistance between fuse and fuse holder.

Do you find it so?
The power dissipated when using full 13A rating will be around 0.87W. So will be noticeable. But yes there may be more resistance in the patina on the pin and the fuse holder in real life.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back