Wall plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Which wall plugs would be good to use for this wall? Wanting to put a new shelf in.

Attachments

• iOS Image - 1565393048.jpg
    iOS Image - 1565393048.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 33
Sponsored Links
What colour is the dust when you drill. How far does the drill bit go in- if about a centimetre it may be plasterboard.

You really do need to provide more details.

Oh, and asking the same question in more than one of the sub forums, is generally frowned upon. I am not having a go at you, but it can get really messy and confusing.

Sponsored Links
What colour is the dust when you drill. How far does the drill bit go in- if about a centimetre it may be plasterboard.

You really do need to provide more details.

Oh, and asking the same question in more than one of the sub forums, is generally frowned upon. I am not having a go at you, but it can get really messy and confusing.
Ok I’m sorry I didn’t know it was frowned upon. It seems quite hollow and dust comes out like orange

Ok I’m sorry I didn’t know it was frowned upon. It seems quite hollow and dust comes out like orange

Orange or pink?

If orange it might be insulated plasterboard. Which might explain why it doesn't sound as hollow as regular plasterboard.

Is this an exterior wall or an interior wall? If an exterior wall what is the outer skin of the wall? Brick, rendered thermolite blocks, etc

Orange or pink?

If orange it might be insulated plasterboard. Which might explain why it doesn't sound as hollow as regular plasterboard.

Is this an exterior wall or an interior wall? If an exterior wall what is the outer skin of the wall? Brick, rendered thermolite blocks, etc
Sorry it’s pink. Didn’t have my glasses on lol. It’s an interior wall. Trying to hand a new floating shelf.

Sorry it’s pink. Didn’t have my glasses on lol. It’s an interior wall. Trying to hand a new floating shelf.
How deep are you drilling? Needs at least 50mm into brickwork.Have you hit brickwork?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back