Wall Prep Problem for Paper

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a small problem again with the prep work on my walls. I have now lightley sanded all the walls ready for papering next weekend and washed them down so they are clean from dust but now hit another problem.

I have noticed today that some area's of paint have started to slightley flake off at the edges of some patches on the wall. This paint has been on for years and was under the old paper before i removed it.

Can anyone tell what could be causing some area's to slightley flake and turn out if you know what i mean as its hard to explaine. Problem now that these area do not feel smooth anymore.

Is there anything to stop this or to do before i paper as i guest if i sand these small areas again and wash down then it will happen again.

Chris

Sponsored Links
Hi There,

Here is 2 images of the problem i am talking about. As you can see the edges of the paint peeling away. I would say the paint has been on for years as it was under the wallpaper i took off but did sand down and now again the edges are going like you see in the images.

The type of paper i am using is not expensive stuff as i am on a low budget you see as its a spare room i am doing out in our flat but want to make it as nice as i can so would like to resolve the issue before i size and paper over it.

4622152622_b598b13d93_o.jpg

4621545829_5ff23d9c79.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back