Wall repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got a wall out the front of the house, built with thermalite type blocks, surface looks rendered in a textured finish, painted white.

Problem is builder built the wall next a very large pine tree, i guess without leaving room underneath for root expansion. Year later (weve just moved in) root has caused 2 1/4 inch cracks from base spreading up. How do i repair/fill and apply same textured finish? Guess it's gonna keep cracking more ev year, so maybe something flexible?

Comments/thoughts appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Two.........quater inch cracks?.........Sandtex highbuild ;)

I have a neighbour with a wall and railings built too close to a tree. very cleverly (I thought) they loose-laid the bricks around/over the root, so most of the wall is solid, but this section can accomodate movement and (I suppose) when it gets too much they could re-position the bricks over it. there is a concrete lintel bridging over the loose part.

If you have a tree there your wall is going to crack, paint won't stop it.

Sponsored Links
I would sort the underlying problem then do the cosmetics or it will crack again next year.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back